Hiking The Wonderland Trail | The Complete Guide to Mount Rainier's Premier Trail
GOBSMACKED! That's how most hikers feel when contemplating the Wonderland Trail. Circumnavigating iconic Mount Rainier, the Wonderland challenges hikers with more than 90 miles of spectacular scenery and an elevation gain and loss of more than 20,000 feet! It also offers stunning vistas, magnificent old growth forests, delicious berries, wildflower-filled meadows, and the opportunity to commune with marmots and mountain goats.
But before you can hit this gamed trail, you have to tackle the less than exhilarating challenges of wilderness permits, reservations, and itinerary planning. Where can you cache your food and fuel? How can you score that campsite under the starts? Is there a way to space your aching knees? Fortunately, nine-time Wonderland Trail veteran Tami Asars shares her knowledge of both the trail and the park system in this beautiful new guide.
- More than 150 full color photos, maps, and trail profiles
- Detailed camp-to-camp route descriptions
- Tips for planning-and getting-the itinerary you want
- Spray Park vs. Ipsut Pass: The pros and cons of route choices
- Clockwise and counterclockwise itineraries, ranging from 7 to 13 days
- Leave No Trace principles and safety on the trail
- Details on hiking the Wonderland's cousins: Northern Loop Trail and Eastside Trail