Conditioning for Outdoor Fitness: Functional Exercise & Nutrition for Every Body
This unique handbook is built on the principles of functional conditioning and functional medicine. Use it to train your muscles and aerobic system in ways that mimic how you actually use them in your outdoor activities and in daily life. It provides detailed instruction for improving how you move, nourish, and condition the amazing machine that is your body.
- Functional exercises required to excel in each sport - shown in step-by-step photos
- Programs for strength, balance, agility, and aerobic fitness
- Written by a team of specialists in sports medicine, nutrition, physical therapy, fitness training, and athletic training
- Revixed edition adds new wxercises and addresses special health issues for women and seniors
- New state-of-the-art information on nutrition, weight loss, and disease prevention