Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes | California
After some dreadful years for Sierra skiers, the snow is back and the pent-up demand to ride it is satisfied by this book! From Bishop to Tahoe to Shasta, and multiple slopes in between, California has a big ski and snowboard culture and this backcountry guide describes 99 of the state's best routes. Part of our critically-acclaimed series, Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: California is written by Tahoe-based professional skier, Jeremy Benson, and covers the best of the state, featuring advanced backcountry descents with serious verticals. The northern region of the book focuses on Mount Shasta and Tahoe, while the central region includes Mammoth, Bishop, and Sierra Club hut trips, and to the south, 14ers Mount Whitney and Mount Langley and more.
- 99 backcountry routes - each skied and board-tested
- Detailed route descriptions with maps and photos
- Distance, starting and highest elevations, elevation gain, tour time, difficulty level, terrain rating, aspect, and best season are noted for every tour
- Regional overviews with info on road conditions, permits and fees, and resources
- "Tours at a Glance" chart to make route selection easy
- Tips on equipment, mountain hazards and safety, preparation, planning, and more