Backcountry Access Tracker S™ Avalanche Transceiver
The Backcountry Access Tracker S™ Avalanche Transceiver has the performance, ease of use and instantaneous real-time display of the Tracker3, without the motion-sensing or upgradeable software, which a features needed by snow professionals. This beacon is used to find people in an avalanche and prevent injury or death.
Make sure to read the BCA TrackerS Avalanche Transceiver resources to use the device properly.
- Frequency: 457 kHz
- Max Range: 55 meters
- Search Strip Width: 50 meters
- Batteries: three AAA alkaline
- Battery Life: minimum 1 hour in search mode after 200 hours in transmit mode (approximately 250 hours in transmit only or 50 hours in search only)
- Unit Weight with Batteries: 5.8oz / 165g
- Harness Weight: 4.2oz / 120grams
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.8 x 1.0inches / 11.5 x 7.1 x 2.6c,
- Warranty: Limited 5-year
- Origin: Assembled and tested in the USA
- Patents & Licenses: U.S. patent numbers: 6,167,249 & 6,484,021, B. Certified to be in compliance with all applicable North American and European norms.